Private and Group Art Lessons
I am now offering private one on one and group zoom virtual classes!
I can offer and teach a variety of disciplines and mediums including drawing, painting, design and even sculpture!
Here's my pricing breakdown:
•Private one on one: 40 dollars to 60 dollars on a pay what you can scale.
•Group: 20 dollars an hour per student with a minimum of three students.
•SPECIAL PACKAGE: Three one on one private lessons for 100 dollars.
To inquire about scheduling a zoom art class taught by yours truly contact me here!
Check out what one of my recent students, Debbie Stephens, had to say about me!
"I have taken several classes from Virginia at the local art center, and I’m now taking private painting lessons from her. I cannot recommend Virginia highly enough. The first reason is because, after sporadic attempts at painting over the years, I am finally producing paintings that I am satisfied with. Virginia is knowledgeable and very good technically, and I learn a lot from her about technique. She also has a very effective manner in the the way that she makes suggestions and subtly guides the artist, without ever stepping in and touching the work.. Perhaps her strongest trait is the enthusiasm she has for her students' efforts, and the encouragement she gives us."
And look check out Debbie's oil painting that I guided her to paint!
Here I am in action, a lesson that I recorded for my Frederick Community College Foundations Class! Check it out!
•Want to check out my resume and teaching experience? Here's a summary of my experience.
- M.F.A. Rinehart School of Sculpture, Maryland Institute College of Art, 2008
- B.A. University of Maryland, College Park, Studio Art 2005
- Current Art teacher at the Delaplaine Arts Center in Frederick teaching Drawing, Elements of Art, Oil Painting, Collage Creations and Performance Art workshops and classes to children, teens and adults.
- Current Adjunct Professor at Frederick Community College teaching Drawing and 2D Design.
- Current Art Teacher at Visarts in Rockville teaching Pet Portraiture workshops and Drawing courses.
- Current Art Teacher teaching and leading Pet Portraiture Wine and Dine nights at Pet Parents, a pet store in Bethesda
- Former Art Teacher at Art With a Heart based in Baltimore, implementing art lessons to at risk youth
- Former Visiting artist at Maryland Institute College of Art giving presentations and leading critiques.
- Former Art Teacher at Kids on Campus at Frederick Community College designing and implementing art lessons to 11-13 year olds.
- Former Teaching Assistant at Maryland Institute College of Art for undergraduate students in the following classes: Introduction to Fibers, Introduction to Wood and Sculptural Forms.